Vegan Pumpkin Pudding
Makes four 1 C servings. (Or, as I like to call it, 2 servings.)
- In a pinch you may substitute canned pumpkin. The flavor won't be quite the same as with fresh, but it will still be delicious.
- Substitute 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix for all of the spices if desired.
- If you make this with dairy milk or homemade nut milk, a little extra fat would be welcome. Try with 1/2 C whole cow milk and 1/4 C cream or 3/4 C homemade nut milk with 2 Tb melted coconut oil.
- Because my recipe is vegan, I left out the collagen gelatin. (I use this kind.) But if it's something you eat regularly for gut healing, by all means add some. Dissolve first in your coconut milk.
- This would make also make the easiest, most delicious no-bake pie filling ever.
- With a bit more maple and coconut milk, this would make a dreamy ice cream base to churn at home. Good heavens.
Whip up a batch and tell me what you think!